Friday, January 21, 2011

Okay, so where's my prescription for a plane ticket outta here?!

I did get the results of my MRI.

I found out on Wednesday that I have to start making some serious lifestyle changes or I will likely be very crippled up by the time I am sixty.

I have Osteoarthritis (OA) in my cervical spine (neck), and likely everywhere else that I have had pain (ie: knees, hands, wrists, feet, back, even migraines and headaches etc).

While I am thankful it isn't Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) and that I have an answer to many questions, I am not very happy that I have an "old person's disease" and I am not even 40 (yet!).

So, I am shopping for an elliptical or a treadmill. I am also researching diets for a lifestyle change that way. Not just for weight loss, but to feel better all of the way around.

Seems the extreme deficiency in vitamin D can cause you to feel the pain more acutely.

And the thyroid thing? Well, it is just enlarged. No explanation. The TSH was 1.67 (normal range is 0.35 to 4.50), the T3- free was 3.3 (normal is 2.1 to 4.1). The T4- free was 1.1 which is on the high side of normal (normal is 0.7 to 1.2). No nodules, no cysts, no tumors. The good news is, it isn't anything. The bad news is...it isn't anything. So we watch and wait.

So, I hurt when it's fricken cold outside.
I get to take Meloxicam for the rest of my life, or until I hurt worse. Whichever comes first.

I can no longer take my usual medication for migraine, so they are trying something else. I want to have a positive attitude about this, but my usual medications have worked pretty well for a long time. I am worried that whatever it is they give me may not.

Okay, enough with the pity party. Off to price out exercise equipment and figure out the diet thing. I said 2011 was going to be a year of change. I guess this is God's way of making me stick to my word.

No comments:

Post a Comment