Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011...

...and I have to say...good riddance to 2010--and take 2009 and 2008 with you too!


So, what about you 2011?

I have great plans for you...

This is the year I turn 40. I thought I would be in a different place in my life by the time I turned 40, but as it turns out--I am exactly where I need to be, for the most part. That said, I do have some things I want to work out in 2011:

Get healthy:  I am not happy with my weight, but have to make a lifestyle change...this will be the year I find my willpower to start taking care of me. This body is a gift, and it's the only one I get...so I need to take better care of it.

Get financially fit:  Spend better, save something. I suck at money. I need to learn a better way to handle it.

Continue to do well in school--in fact, I would like to accomplish a semester of all A's. This is not an impossible task, I just have to set my mind to it.

Start writing again. (This is a good start!)

Be kinder to myself.

Be more patient with others.

Be the change. I have a ring that I wear that says "be the change you wish to see in the world". This year, I intend to live by this motto more.

Enjoy life. I tend to let things get to me more than they should. I tend to let the Bipolar Disorder run things. Well, I am going to take back control. Starting school in 2010 was just the beginning!

These are really more goals to live better, rather than resolutions. Goals are more fluid, and I intend to change them as I go...

Happy, safe, and peaceful New Years to all!













       

No comments:

Post a Comment