Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year? Day Two.

I am finding this day feels a little odd.

My mom called me last night to tell me my cousin is in Rochester, at Mayo--has something wrong with her but I am not sure exactly what, but will be there for two months. Sounds serious to me...hopefully I will learn more about her and her condition soon...

Heard from a classmate that a guy we went to school with passed away. His death notice was in this morning's EC Leader-Telegram. Wanting to find more info, I did a Google search to see if I could come up with the MHS Class of '90 website, and instead I came across the publication of the Eau Claire County Sheriff Department Warrant list. This person's name was on it, which to me feels very sad. I hope that this person passed away of natural causes, and not of his own hand. Even if he was guilty of the crimes he was wanted for--suicide is no way to solve anything. :( I hope for his mother's sake, it wasn't a suicide.

Then, I noticed when looking in the death notices that a lady I helped out at the assisted living facility I used to work at has passed away. This is the fourth one to go since I left this summer. This too, makes me sad. I haven't been back to visit, and feel a little guilty about that. Just goes to show you that life goes on.

AND THEN...on Facebook, I saw a posting about the Walmart Greeter Guy, and that he, too has passed away!! Holy cow. This was a man who was always at the door at Walmart greeting everyone. He always seemed like he may be a little slow, but the truth is he had a college education and was highly intelligent. It makes me wonder why he took a job as a Walmart greeter...just goes to show you that you can't judge a book by it's cover.

Life is short. And unpredictable. And just downright weird sometimes.

It's January.

I am struggling with my moods.
This is normal for me in January.
It is normal for me because I have Bipolar Disorder.
It is normal for me because I absolutely HATE/DESPISE/LOATHE winter.
There isn't a word strong enough to describe how much I hate cold and snow.

I can't seem to warm up lately at all. I am cold all of the time.

I worry that there may be something else wrong with me because I can't warm up, I am tired quite a bit, and I have had several bouts of vertigo. Nevermind the double vision thing, which I have gotten used to for the most part.

I worry that maybe there is nothing wrong with me and I am just a hypochondriac. Or I am slowly going insane.

I need to get the HELL out of the COLD. That's what's wrong with me...

Happy New Year, day two...

No comments:

Post a Comment