Sunday, May 29, 2011

that's not rain, it's just extra humidity...

Rain, rain, go away!

Amazingly enough, in spite of the rain and gloomy weather--my moods have improved. The clouds lifted in my head. Thank God.

I didn't even go to the psychiatrist.

(Score one for me!)

One whole year of college is in the books, and I am enjoying the time off until August. Not that it really feels like time off with kids needing to be driven to and from school, and here and there--and everywhere! I truly believe I am even busier now than I was, but the pressure is off. Ahhhhhh.....the kids will be out of school pretty soon too...

(insert sigh here!)

Looking ahead, to next semester--I will have a harder class load than I have had yet.
I have to remember to say "no" when people want me to do extra stuff.
I am not even sure if I will be able to work this fall...

Perhaps I shouldn't fret over these things at the moment, because if I think about it too much the anxiety will rear it's ugly head and right now I am feeling pretty mellow overall.

Life is good!

3 comments:

  1. I really think that school can be a form of therapy...not the stress part, for sure...but how it provides a structured environment for focusing the mind and providing a sense of direction. Also, so many support services are there...all in one place. If I could afford another degree, I'd do it for those reasons and how it inspires my mind to work despite the noise. Don't get me wrong...trying to meet an academic deadline during serious depression is no easy task!!...usually ends up in trying to figure out how to get an extension on it. However, those times are the exception rather than the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about school being therapeutic. It has been very good for me to see that my memory isn't nearly as bad as it seems, and that I can do well. The stress does play havoc, but all stress messes with me, so I just have to manage it as best I can. That is why I didn't work when I started. I am now working part time, but I think in the fall, the job may have to go because it does become too much. Even when the job is not that difficult, sometimes just the driving back and forth can be tough. It will all fall into place as it should...that is what I am learning from the whole experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The actual life of being a student...I've forgotten about much of that...but not too much with a town-sized university a mile away from me. I was so overwhelmed by the kinds of things you write about that I actually talked to a therapist about it. She said, "Ever seen the Matrix? There is no university." Bizarre and unexpected response, but it helped.

    ReplyDelete