Tuesday, May 3, 2011

On Chemical Attitude Adjustments...

It has been exactly a month since I posted last.

In that past month, the sun has been out maybe twice. Okay, that's an exaggeration.
(And if I told you once, I've told you a million times never to exaggerate!)

Yeah, I had to say it...

Anyhow--

Because it is spring and one one informed Mother Nature of that fact, I have been struggling with the moods.

I tend to struggle with the moods in the spring, anyway, but this spring has been doing a number on me.

Changes affect me as well--starting a new job, crunch time at the end of the semester for school.

I have been considering contacting the shrink's office to see about a chemical attitude adjustment.

The thing about medication: it may work to even out the moods, but it may erase the personality right along with it. It may even me out flat. I have been there before and that is more scary to me than waiting out the blues of the downside of the disorder.

On the bright side, I am not doing anything dangerous or compulsive, my financial situation is good, and my grades are hanging in there at A's and B's in spite of feeling like a big hand is pushing me down.

Most people don't understand it when I am struggling, either. My own husband almost takes it personally, and I know he doesn't mean to. He just doesn't know how it feels. Feeling alone does not help. :(

I ditched my Biology class tonight because I get anxious when the moods shift. There was no way I could have sat still in a classroom tonight. I will get my assignments in--it is a hybrid internet/classroom class. No worries there.

Hey, at least I am recognizing the mood shifts. That has to count for something, and must mean that I am not completely crazy. In fact, I dare say it's sorta healthy that I understand what is going on.

Go figure.

Please excuse me while I go lie on the picnic table and soak up some sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment