Monday, March 7, 2011

Ongoing debates inside my head...

I suppose the title could be interpreted to mean that I hear voices in my head.

I assure you, gentle reader, that I do not.

That said...

I do have several things going on in my head at the same time, nearly all of the time. I always thought everyone had several different "channels" going at once, but most people look at me like I have lost my mind if I talk about it. I guess this phenomenon probably falls into the category of 'racing thoughts'--one lovely 'symptoms' of the Bipolar Disorder that I prefer to think of as a gift instead of a curse.

I enjoy the high energy from the disorder as well, as long as I can keep it in check.
But, I digress...

This ultra distracted thought process could almost be a symptom of undiagnosed ADD, except I don't feel like I have any sort of deficit, and I certainly do not have a problem focusing on one thing. I just focus on several things at once. I wonder what the DSM-IV would say about that? That may be a good question for the shrink next time I see her...

The ongoing debates in my head today are:

Do I want to minor in Journalism instead of Psychology with my chosen major?
Maybe I want to consider a dual majors: Communication Sciences and Disorders/Journalism?
Should I try to find a part time job so I have something to do in the summer, because I am not going to take classes over the summer?
Do I want to work while I am in school, knowing that when I spread myself too thin that I cannot always keep the BP symptoms in check?
Can I balance less than 20 hours a week along with my coursework, and still excel at both?
Will I be able to make my little dabblings on eBay into a moneymaker in this economy?
Is the world going to end in 2012, voiding all debates?
Do I want to have some rice and mixed vegetables for lunch, or do I want to chance it on the cold pizza?
Have I bored everyone else with this drivel?? (LOL)

My worst fear, with the whole budget flap in Wisconsin, is that my educational goals will be derailed because I won't be able to continue to afford classes once I get to UWEC.

For the first time in my life, I have set a goal and have made excellent strides toward that goal. Usually, I start out really well, but let myself be discouraged by my own negative thinking, or by hurdles that seem to large for me to overcome.

For the first time in my life, I am more stable than I have ever been mentally, and I have been working very hard in school. The hurdles do not feel as high as I had imagined them to be.

For one of the first times in my life, I have a positive outlook on my future.
The view right now, is fantastic.

I just hope it continues to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment